Drilling a well is more than just the actual drilling. It’s permits, site selection and much more. Luckily, Hartmann Well Drilling, serving Lakeville MN, will be there for you throughout the entire process. It’s understandable you’ll have questions about how the whole thing works, so here are some of the more FAQs we get about water well drilling:
What’s the first step to have a well drilled?
You’ll need to have the necessary permits for drilling and construction. These can be obtained through your state or local environmental health department, which will tell you what steps need to be taken in order to obtain the permit. If you’re not sure how to deal with all this, our team can help you.
What’s the best spot to drill a well?
- The site must be accessible for equipment to enter and exit
- The well cannot be drilled on the side of a steep hill due to dangers with setting up the equipment
- You’ll also have to think about trees, power lines and other plants and utilities
- Ample space will be needed so workers have room to properly construct your well
- It will have to be a certain distance from contamination sources
In terms of finding the best spot for water, it can become a guessing game. There are some areas more conducive for finding water, and the geology of your area will help to determine this.
How long will it take to finish the job?
Depending on the depth of the well, most can be finished in one to two days time. After the drilling is completed, the pumping system will be installed.
My pump is frequently going on and off. Do I need to have it serviced?
The pump frequently going on and off can be the result of a number of factors. Give us a call to look at it to make sure no unnecessary stress is being put on the pump.
Have questions about well drilling and installation? Call us now at 952-758-2202 or Request a Free Quote.