Twin Cities Well Repair
We depend on our wells daily for a long list of jobs. They are one of the key parts of the home, yet something that we often take for granted – until we turn on the faucet and nothing happens! As the maxim goes, “You don’t miss the water ‘till the well runs dry.” However, when the well ceases to work properly, you don’t have to panic. The Hartmann Well specialists are here to help with well repair in the Twin Cities.
At Hartmann Well, we have three generations worth of experience and have built wells for homes and businesses all around the Twin Cities region. We will determine the best approach to repairing any well issues, and can drill a new well should the situation arise. As residential and commercial well drilling professionals, we can repair most types of wells and models, so you can count on us to repair your well’s issues the right way, the first time we visit your location.
Minimizing the Need for Well Repair
In order to minimize the need for well repairs, there are a number of maintenance steps you can take. These actions may not eliminate the need for well repair, but they can lower the risks of water well related problems.
- Wells should be checked and tested every year to see that the mechanical elements work properly, and that there are no contaminates such as coliform bacteria, nitrates/nitrites, and any other contaminants of local concern (for example, arsenic and radon).
- Never store or use items such as paint, fertilizer, pesticides and motor oil near your well, as these can seep into the ground and contaminate your water.
- The top of the well should be at least one foot about the ground; be sure that the well cover or cap is intact and at the right height.
- There should be a proper separation between your well, home, waste systems, and chemical storage facilities. If you are unsure if there is sufficient spacing between your well and these elements, call in a specialist to inspect them.
- If your well is at least 20 years old, you need to have a licensed or certified water well driller and pump installer decommission the existing well and construct a new one.
By being proactive, you can ensure that your water supply is healthy and safe. Don’t wait ‘till there is a problem, take steps now to prevent a future problem!
Hartmann Well Drilling of Twin Cities
When you have a problem with your well, you don’t want to wait around for someone to show up. After all, you need water for a plethora of daily activities. Since 1932, Hartmann Well Drilling has been providing homeowners and businesses the help they need to ensure they have the water they need. We understand the stress involved when the well pump, lines, etc. do not work properly and are here to make your time without water as brief as possible.
If you are in need of a well repair in the Twin Cities area, call Hartmann Well Drilling at 952-758-2202, or you can contact us to get a Free Estimate.